- 2017 – now: Postdoc at the Knowledge Technology Group at the University of Hamburg, Germany
- 2015 – 2017: Postdoc at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) and University of California at Berkeley, California, USA
- 2014 – 2015: Postdoc at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of the Spanish National Research Council (IIIA-CSIC), Barcelona, Spain
- 2010 – 2014: Predoctoral research at the University of Bremen, Germany
- 2009 – 2010: Undergrad research at the University of Bremen, Germany, and the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI)
Individual Research Grants
- 2015 ($ 210,000) 2-year postdoctoral fellowship at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) and the University of California at Berkeley. Provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- 2010 ($ 72,000 ) 3.5-year PhD scholarship within the International Research Training Group on the Semantic Integration of Geospatial Information. (IRTG-SIGI). Provided by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- 2009 ($ 13,000) 1-year undergrad research fellowship at the University of Bremen. Provided by University of Bremen.
Commitee Membership and Reviewing
- 2017 – PC member, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI)
- 2016 – Principal organizer of the 1st int’l Workshop on Creative Agents (CREAS), co-located with AAMAS 2016
- 2016 – PC member, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI)
- 2016 – PC member, International Workshop on Computational Models of Social Creativity (CMSC)
- 2015 – Reviewer, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence (JETAI) — Special Issue on Cognitive Robotics — Editors: Mehul Bhatt, Esra Erdem, Fredrik Heintz, Michal Spranger (Taylor & Francis)
- 2011 – Reviewer, Situational Awareness for Assistive Technologies — Volume 14 of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, Editors: Mehul Bhatt, Hans W. Guesgen (IOS Press)
- 2011 – OC Member, GIZeitgeist – Young Researchers Forum on Geographic Information Science
Membership in Scientific Societies
- Since 2011 – Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (German Informatics Society)
- Since 2015 – Association for Neural-Symbolic Integration (NeSy)
- 2015 – Travel grant for the IJCAI 2015 conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Provided by IJCAI.
- 2013 – Travel grant for the 1st Winter School on AI and Robotics 2013, Örebro, Sweden. Provided by the University of Örebro.
- 2013 – Travel grant for the Commonsense Reasoning Symposium 2013, Cyprus. Provided by the Artificial Intelligence Journal (Elsevier).
- 2011 – Travel grant for the Interdisciplinary College 2011 (IK2011), Günne, Germany. Provided by Gesellschaft für Informatik.
Teaching, Tutorials and Invited Talks
- April 2017 – September 2017 – Neural Networks seminar — student supervision at the University of Hamburg, Germany
- Dec. 2016 – Embodied Language Robots — guest lecture at the Knowledge Technology Institute, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Dec. 2015 – Natural Language Understanding and Emergent Conceptualization for Robotics — Invited talk at Siemens research, Berkeley, California, USA
- Answer Set Programming — a practical light-weight tutorial (will be online soon…)